*Update* All positions have been filled. Thanks for applying!
The Northern Environmental Action Team is expanding into a new Social Enterprise and we would love for you to join us. If you like making a difference, working with the public, and enjoy a positive atmosphere, join our team.
If the job description below applies to you, we would love to hear from you. Send your resume and cover letter to our store manager at email@example.com or bring it by our office at 11027 100 St, Fort St. John.
STORE CLERKS AND SALES ASSOCIATES JOB DESCRIPTION
Reporting to the Store manager the duties will be:
- Operate a cash machine
- Receiving, stocking and restocking materials on the shelves
- Maintaining stock records
- Assisting customers with purchases
- Mark merchandise prices
- Greet customers and assist them with their wants or needs.
- Recommend, select, and help locate merchandise based on customer needs and desires.
- Answer questions regarding the store and its merchandise.
- Clean shelves, counters, and tables.
Minimum High School education or experience in a retail, customer service or sales environment. (On the job training will be offered?)
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Basic Mathematics: You will be handling money for customers, the ability to add and subtract quickly is necessary.
- Customer Service Skills: you will often be speaking directly to the customer. Good listening skills, speaking and communicating calmly, effectively and in a friendly manner, and patience will serve you well.
- Stamina: The job will require standing for long periods of time and may be required to lift heavy objects.
- Flexibility: You might be asked to work nights, weekends and extended hours. Flexible schedule.
- Team work: ability to work in a team
- Be able to take own initiatives
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Part time or full time positions available.
The wage offered is dependent on experience and will be discussed during interview
Extended medical benefits (after three month probationary period).
Please send resume and covering letter to:
Northern Environmental Action Team
Closing date: November 1, 2017