We thank all that applied, but this position has been filled.
NEAT requires an experienced Bookkeeper to assist in managing day-to-day accounting and finance requirements and supporting office administration. Confidentiality, excellent organizational skills and accuracy are important qualifications for this position, as well as good customer relations and the ability to communicate clearly. The ideal candidate for this position is a skilled multi-tasker, is reliable and is committed to consistently meeting deadlines. The Bookkeeper is based in Fort St John, BC and will report to the Executive Director.
• Keep detailed and accurate financial records: maintain and balance accounts, post journal entries, prepare trial balances, and maintain general ledgers
• Calculate, prepare, and process payroll, AR, and AP; prepare and process all deductions and government payments/taxes
• Coordinate bank deposits and report financial results on a regular basis to management
• Monitor office expenses and create program reports
• Provide general receptionist services: Greet and assist visitors, Answer the phone, direct calls, and respond to inquiries
• Coordinate office systems and procedures; Maintain general office supplies
• Order products for resale and track inventory; support product sales where possible
• Support staff with sourcing and purchasing program supplies and travel/accommodations booking
• Support NEAT programming in the community on occasion
• Minimum of 5 years experience; non-profit experience is an asset but not required
• Completion of a college program in accounting, bookkeeping or a related field or relevant experience in bookkeeping
• Working knowledge of Sage Accounting and Microsoft Office
• Proven ability to communicate with tact and discretion
• Strong organizational skills & a proven ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
• Ability to work unsupervised, demonstrate motivation and initiative
• Ability to work varied hours
• Ability to work within a varied team
• Criminal record check
Term of Position
• This is a part-time position averaging 21 hours a week
• Base wage is $22.50 and is negotiable and based on qualifications and/or experience
• Reimbursement for use of personal vehicle at $.54/km
• Professional development and training opportunities will be provided
This position starts with a qualified candidate.
If you are interested in the position, please complete the form below.